Like any life transition, transitioning from physiotherapy student to professional practice can be challenging. Finally after at least 6 years (6 years!) of post-secondary education you are finally making the transition into your professional life and you realize you still have so much to learn. It can be daunting.
I remember the feeling like it was yesterday. I was excited, energetic and motivated to start my career while simultaneously feeling exhausted, scared and a little bit nauseous every morning. Waves of imposter syndrome and inferiority plagued my first few years of practice and without the help of a few stellar mentors, I may never have gained the confidence, skills and knowledge I needed to be successful.
Now, I want to make sure I pay it forward. Finding the right mentor for you early in your career can make all the difference in the world. Below are the goals I have with all the young professionals I work with:
- Grow successfully into your new role as physiotherapist with confidence and support
- Gain early momentum on your career and personal goals
- Learn how to tackle difficult patients and develop a simple approach to complex cases
- Learn how to build connection, buy-in and trust with your patients
- Build a network of like-minded PT’s and foster professional relationships
- Learn how to develop your own brand as a physiotherapist and discover what sets you apart
- *In Canada, some of the mentorship may also count towards Orthopaedic Division and Sport Division mentorship hours
If you think that we might be a good fit let's hop on a call and chat about how I can help you grow! Here's what you can expect from my mentoring program:
- Monthly one on one call or in person meeting (60-minutes) to discuss tricky patient cases, areas of learning, goals, roadblocks, professional development
- Bi-weekly email to check in on progress with patients, progress towards goals and planing for our one on one call.
- Quarterly student group call- share your experiences and learn from others who are in the same position as you! Network and connect so that you can start building relationships with other PT colleagues
- Access to private facebook group where you can share what is coming up for you and gain feedback from myself and other mentees
- Monthly PDF worksheet to help you with reflection, goal setting, learning objectives