Welcome to Press Play!
Thank you for checking out my site! I am so excited to share this with you all- it has been months in the making and has taken a village, but here we are! I have long wanted to create a space to showcase the people, stories and things that have enhanced my life. I hope you all can take something away from your visits.
For sometime, I have been fairly active on social media and have become increasingly disheartened by the negativity and argumentative nature that these platforms can take on. I have been so fortunate throughout my career to connect with thousands of wonderful and inspiring people within and outside my field and it is my goal to bring some of their stories and pearls of wisdom to you. We have so much we can learn from one another- why waste it?
I want to talk about things that will collectively make us better- successes, failures, team work, goal setting, personal growth, mentorship and life lessons. I will be showcasing some of the amazing people who have influenced me, taught me lessons and set an example for me along my personal and professional journey. I don’t know it all, but I like to think i’m pretty good at finding the people who do!
Don’t get me wrong- I don’t know the first thing about website design, photography or blogging but, luckily I know a few people who do! I have been overwhelmed by the support of my team and consider myself fortunate to have been able to connect with such a great group of women in this process. Check out my A-Team!
- Martha Jack, website design, eConverse Media
- Laurel Benzaquen, Graphic Designer, laurelbenz.com
- Paula Tizzard, Portrait Photographer, paulatizzard.com
- Florencia Taylor, the most brilliant make-up artist ever, florenciataylormakeup.com
- Julie Whelan, Active Lifestyle Photographer, juliewhelanphotography.com
There have also been more than a few people who have inspired me to do this. This crew of people have knowingly or unknowingly pushed me and have given me the confidence to to put myself out there. When you surround yourself with amazing people, truly great things happen.
- Alena Luciani, Founder of Training 2XL, and first blogger friend!
- Jess Dalliday, Founder of The Healthy Sweet Potato Blog and fellow gluten-free girl
- Rachel Ettinger, Founder of Here for Her, radio host and my part-time therapist
- Natalie Kollars, Performance Specialist at EXOS and best glutes in the business
- Dani Reid, Posture Magician at danireid.com and my serendipitous coffee date
- Jeff Romkey, Owner of ReActive Physiotherapy and supporter of my expensive ideas
- Kristy Leblanc, Owner @ The Barre and keeping me fit since 2014
- My Hockey Canada family, especially you Esther and Mel!
- Claire, Dan, Chanel and Kate, girls of the artist formerly known as UWS
- Coco, Erik, Mike, Heather and Vince, best physios and friends in the business
- My wonderful parents and sisters, Martha and Hannah
That is by no means everyone as I am so fortunate to have so many stellar people in my life. Thank you to everyone who has supported me and continues to support me on my adventures!
Lady O is right, no one of us makes it alone. Let’s connect, let’s learn, let’s grow- PRESS PLAY! Leave a comment below to let me know you stopped by and let's see where this goes (and grows!).
Thanks friends, Emma