Super Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free)
It’s been a minute since I have shared a recipe on the blog! Last night I was absolutely craving a yummy, chewy chocolate chip cookie and whipped these up in no time! They are super simple to make (If I can do it, anyone can) and are gluten-free, dairy free and nut-free! I used a mashed banana instead of an egg and wow, it added such a delicious flavour.
Judging by how many are left in the house tonight (aka 1) they are a crowd pleaser. I only baked half the dough last night (so that we didn’t eat 2 dozen cookies in a day!) and put the other half in the freezer for the next time my cookie craving kicks in. Give them a try- trust me you wont regret it!
Super Simple GF Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes
1/2 cup vegan (I use Earth Balance) or dairy butter at room temperature
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp melted coconut oil
1 mashed banana (vegan option and SUPER yum!) or 1 egg
1 heaping cup gluten free all purpose flour (I used the Minimalist Baker DIY GF Flour Blend)
1 cup carob chips (vegan option) or chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a mixer, cream butter, cane sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add mashed banana or egg, melted coconut oil and vanilla and beat again until well combined, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
4. Add gluten free flour slowly while you continue to mix.
5. Stir in chocolate chips, cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes (this is hard because you just want to eat them) until thoroughly chilled. If dough seems too think add a bit more coconut oil as needed.
6. Once chilled, roll the dough into balls and place them 2 inches apart on a baking sheet.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are just slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, let rest on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack. Do not overcook these puppies- they will be
8. Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days…if they last that long!